Maintenance Technician – Elevators & Escalators
A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced “Maintenance Technician – Elevators & Escalators.”
- ITI/Vocational Certificate course /Diploma Engineering in Electrical/Electronics/Automation streams or equivalent
- Good verbal and written English communication skills
- Candidate with basic IT skills will be given preference
- Candidates with basic digital foundation skills will be the right candidate for this position
- Minimum 5 years of solid Preventive Maintenance experience with a reputed elevator company is a must
- Candidates meeting the above requirements should only apply for this position.
- Accountable for the end-users and the site safety
- Responsible for safe working practices and carrying out the operations according to maintenance instructions and safety instructions.
- Accountable for the execution of the service visits (planned maintenance, callouts, and service repairs) respecting the schedule and time limit (callout), the quality standards, the time allocation, and the processes
- Accountable for raising sales to lead to his supervisor
- Accountable for very precise and timely back reporting of the work done according to the process
- Responsible for submitting timesheets based on the execution
- Responsible for keeping the service tooling, van, instruments, etc safe, maintained, and in good condition
- Responsible for regular update of his supervisor on all relevant information
Customer relationship management
- Responsible for customer satisfaction through quality of service and through regular, proactive, and precise on-site communication (callout ETA, job performed, etc)
- Responsible for accurate and real-time back reporting of work performed (at the equipment level)
- Accountable for equipment safety and performance
- Accountable for identifying site risk, and communicate them to his supervisor
- Accountable to take immediate action on-site in case of high-risk identification and to apply the escalation procedure
- Accountable for identifying “unplanned” service repairs based on the equipment needs.