A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Sharjah, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Senior Financial Analyst”.
|Company Name||Petrofac Middle East|
|Qualification||Masters Degree | ACCA | CPA | ICAEW | ACA | CFA|
|Experience||6 – 9 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||18,000 AED – 20,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent|
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
|Benefits||Medical Insurance | Performance-Based Bounces|
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- The candidate must be fluent in English.
- Immediately available to join the job.
- Ensuring the integrity of all external financial reporting requirements for the Group including subsidiary entities
- Ensuring that the Petrofac financial controls framework is design and operationally effective.
- Providing technical accounting and financial reporting guidance and advice to Business Units which involves preparing and reviewing technical accounting papers.
- Improving the efficiency and accuracy of Group financial reporting processes ‘Live’ Petrofac Values (Safe, ethical, innovative, responsive, quality and cost-conscious & driven to deliver).
- Preparation and review of various quarterly, semi-annual, annual, and ad-hoc deliverables to support both internal and external financial reporting requirements, including analytic commentary and the preparation of supplementary financial analysis for management and other stakeholders.
- Preparation and review of group consolidated reports for quarterly, half-yearly, and annual external financial reporting (IFRS compliant), preparation of various sections of Group consolidated financial statements, and review of standalone financial statements for various subsidiaries.
- Managing the annual external audit and interim review processes for the assigned areas of responsibility
- Review financial information submitted by Business Units and through analysis to enforce the second line of defense to ensure quality and integrity of the financial information submitted.
- Enhance financial performance through analysis of financial results, forecasts, variances, and trends and recommend actions and perform balance sheet reviews.
- Work closely with the Business Unit finance teams to ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Identify and drive financial reporting process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools, and Excel dashboards.
- Provide technical accounting and financial reporting guidance, coaching, and support to the Business Units which involves preparing and reviewing technical accounting papers.
- Maintain up-to-date technical knowledge on International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Prepare and review Group and Business Unit analytical review documents.
- Implementation of new IFRS standards
- Perform activities to sustain the Group’s financial control framework e.g., organize annual risk assessment and six-monthly control owner self-assessment (COSA) and communicate findings and proposed changes to the financial controls framework to Group Financial Controller and Finance Leadership Team (FLT).
- Supervise and manage a team of up to 6 members.
- Oversee day-to-day operation, facilitate problem-solving and ensure team collaboration.
- Provide status reporting of team activities against the program plan or schedule and keep the Group Reporting Manager informed of task accomplishment, issues, and status.
- The above is an outline of key duties and accountabilities, rather than an exclusive or exhaustive list of responsibilities. The post holder is expected to undertake any tasks which may reasonably be expected within the scope of the position.
- At least 6 years post qualification experience in a large-sized multinational business, either in practice or industry
- Must have worked with Big 4 (EY, Deloitte, PwC, or KPMG) at least at the Manager level.
- Extensive experience and understanding of IFRS accounting standards.
- Recent practical experience of Group consolidation is mandatory.
- Must have working experience with Hyperion Financial Management consolidation system.
- Experience of EPC oil and gas business is preferred
- Degree level education (Finance, Accounting, Economics, or Statistics are preferred major fields
- Qualified Chartered Accountant
- Hyperion Financial Management
- Ability to work effectively with all areas of the business and to communicate with non-finance colleagues and build effective relationships.
- Strong desire to learn and develop himself/herself professionally.
- Ability to critically analyze current work methods to suggest and rapidly implement successful change.
- Strong desire to learn and develop himself/herself professionally and take a willingness to share expertise and develop others with the ability to:
- create an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture.
- delegate tasks and set deadlines.
- listen to team members’ feedback and resolve any issues or conflicts.
- discover training needs and provide necessary coaching
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as being an effective member of a global virtual team.
- Deadline focused, thrives in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Strong commercial sense, strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and strong grasping power.