A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Group Financial Controller”.
|Al Rostamani Group
|Masters Degree | ACCA | CPA | ICAEW
|10 – 12 years of Relevant Experience Required
|25,000 AED – 30,000 AED
|Full Time | Permanent
|Medical Insurance | Performance-Based Bounces
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- The candidate must be fluent in English.
- Immediately available to join the job.
- Develop/manage the group’s relationships with banks.
- Coordinate operating companies financing activities, bank negotiations, and set up/renewal of efficient working capital facilities. Reduce interest cost and bank fees..
- Implement agreed on group funding strategies set by group CFO/CEO to ensure sufficient group funding.
- Manage group-wide facilities renewal approval process, liaising with banks and group legal department to review documents, resolve issues, and request approvals.
- Monitor and report group-wide bank facilities, cash balances, borrowing levels, and bank collateral/guarantees.
- Work with CFO to devise policies and procedures for group working capital funding, bank facilities, hedging, and cash transaction management.
- Coordinate the timely and accurate reporting of the monthly operating company management accounts, continuously helping Finance Managers to improve the quality of reports and keep to the 5 working day reporting target.
- Review and analyze operating company management accounts and measurement against plans.
- Timely preparation of monthly group performance summary reporting format.
- Organize and coordinate group annual budgeting and financial and cash forecast processes.
- Maintain a group management information database (based on SAP and Excel reports) to enable timely reporting and analysis to Management. Data integrity must be maintained to ensured accuracy, save confusion and time.
- Work with FMs of operating companies to ensure annual audited financials are completed.
- Provide business simulations, what-if analysis, etc., to support CFO and CEO in business planning and performance measurement evaluation.
- Provide CFO/CEO ad-hoc analyses for evaluation and due diligence of major group investments and CAPEX.
- The draft recommended group accounting/finance policies and procedures for implementation across the group.
- Supervise financial analysts and other finance staff under his functionality.
- Manage Accounting digitalization projects such as Host to Host connections with banks, Treasury function, Automated Financial Consolidation, etc.
- Manage insurance activities and work with Finance Managers and insurance professional advisers to ensure insurance renewals are completed in advance of the renewal date.
- Provide necessary inputs to CFO in assessing best risk management strategies and in reassessing insurance coverage to ensure properties and risks are adequately covered.
- Assist group CFO and CEO as required to ensure the smooth running of the organization.
- Evaluate financial reporting systems, accounting or collection procedures, or investment activities and make recommendations for changes to procedures, operating systems, budgets, or other financial control functions.
- Review and validate all payments and payrolls of ARG operating entities and group department before sending them to Shareholders for their approval.
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, banking, analysis, and reporting of financial data.
- Knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, agency rules, and the democratic political process.
- Excellent knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Knowledge of UAE VAT laws and regulations.
- The entrepreneurial mindset and the ability to be flexible and responsive to changing priorities.
- Ability to be self-directed, take ownership, and see projects to completion in a timely manner.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills and a strong customer service orientation.
- Strong critical thinking, contract management, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Strong project management and organizational skills with a record of developing and strengthening systems and processes.
- High-level of proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint), or other accounting software preferred.