A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, and competent candidate for the position of “Senior Accountant”.
Company Name: Crowe UAE
Qualification: ACCA | CPA | ICAEW | CA | CMA
ACCA | CPA | ICAEW | CA | CMA
Experience: 5 – 8 years of Relevant Experience Required
5 – 8 years of Relevant Experience Required
Monthly Salary: 12,000 AED – 14,500 AED
12,000 AED – 14,500 AED
Employment Type: Full Time | Permanent
Full Time | Permanent
Company Size: 500-1000 Employees
Benefits: Medical Insurance | Peformance Based Bounces
Medical Insurance | Peformance Based Bounces
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- The candidate must be fluent in English.
- Immediately available to join the job.
- Qualified Accountant – CA / CPA / ACCA or any equivalent qualification.
- Minimum 4 years of accounting / financial reporting experience with consulting firms, preferably Top 5 Global Accounting / Auditing Firms.
- Advance expertise in IFRS and accounting standards.
- Working knowledge of the VAT compliance of the UAE / EU countries.
- Proficiency in Microsoft offices suite especially Excel & Power BI.
- Proficiency in the software programs for SME & large corporate.
- To record accounting transactions by examining and analyzing relevant supporting documents (e.g., bank statements, sales invoices, purchase bills, employee expenses, corporate documents, etc).
- To process the payroll as per applicable UAE labor laws, as and when required by Client.
- Prepare financial statements, key accounts schedules, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- To handle multiple accounting clients with different sets of engagement example: regular bookkeeping, catch-up bookkeeping, audit support, inventory count, review of accounting transactions, accounts finalization, management reporting.
- Expected to coordinate with staff of the company’s intra-departments and to give update or background of client’s transactions affecting other service line departments.
- Analyze business operations and trends on Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss accounts and provide proper advice, if any exceptions noted.
- Build and grow the Accounting service line from a compliance & advisory perspective.
- Continuous work and sharing ideas for process and efficiency improvement.
- Develop and maintain a ‘value added to the client’ approach.
- Ability to take responsibility and accountability for the work done.
- Ability to work under pressure and still deliver quality reports and outputs to the clients within agreed deadlines.
- Staying up-to-date on all technical matters relating to the work profile.
- The candidate must have good coordination skills to join our team.